Whether it is to maximise on the bank holiday weekends, make the most of great flight prices and availability before the Summer holidays kick in, or just to escape ASAP – going away in May/June is the answer.
But where is best to go at this time of the year? This is where our experts come in. Read below for our top tips or contact us for more inspiration on 020 3141 2800.
- It is the start of the dry season in the highlands, making it a great destination for trekking!
- In May, the Festival of the Sun is celebrated. Definitely one for those looking for a cultural experience!
- In June, the turtle nesting season starts on the Galapagos Islands. Plus southern migrants have begun their journey north using the Galapagos as a stopping point!
- Like in Ecuador, it is the start of the dry season in the highlands which is ideal for anyone looking to trek. From May through til November is the best time to trek up to Machu Picchu!
- From a cultural point of view, in June, Corpus Christi, the most important religious festival is celebrated. We recommend staying in Cuzco to see the colourful procession make its way through the streets.
- Inti Raymi Festival of the Sun which celebrates the Inca history happens in May time. A fascinating insight into Peru’s history!
- The weather in May is hot, pleasant and perfect for a beach holiday on both the Pacific and Caribbean coastlines.
- This is the perfect time of year to swim with whalesharks off the charming island of Holbox. Each year, when the ocean becomes especially plankton rich, the waters surrounding the island become home to these magnificent creatures.